At Wheelhouse Credit Union we exhibit the credit union philosophy of People Helping People by providing our members with products and services that help them achieve their financial goals. If you are looking for a career where you can learn, grow, and have fun while helping others, we may have a position for you!
Join Our Team!
Wheelhouse Credit Union is committed to a culture of diversity that reflects the communities in which we live and do business. We strive to encourage professionalism and creativity, and reward our employees with a fair and attractive compensation and benefits package.
Wheelhouse Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The online employment application is experiencing techical difficulties. You can e-mail your resume or submit a request for a paper application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Phone Branch Representative II||Full-Time||Corporate||Apply Now|
|Helpdesk Technician||Full-Time||Corporate||Apply Now|
|Manager of Administration||Full-Time||Corporate||Apply Now|
|Risk & Compliance Manager||Full-Time||Corporate||Apply Now|
Manager of Administration, Kearny Mesa
Under limited supervision of the VP/CFO, the Manager of Administration will plan, schedule, monitor, report and supervise the work of the Administrative Services staff. Contract, coordinate, direct and report the work of vendors as it relates to facilities; purchasing, maintenance and service contracts for supplies, furniture, fixtures, equipment, leasehold space occupied and buildings owned.
The Manager of Administration will have the following job responsibilities:
1. Manage and ensure on-going training of the Administrative Services staff. Conduct performance reviews, recommend salary adjustments, update job descriptions, counsel staff toward optimum performance and recommend staff additions.
2. Ensure the maintenance of all furniture, fixtures, equipment, leasehold space occupied and buildings owned by negotiating and establishing service and maintenance contracts and overseeing the fulfillment of those contracts.
3. Negotiate with vendors to obtain best pricing for supplies, furniture, fixtures, equipment, services, leasehold space and leasehold/building improvements.
4. Create and distribute management reports on usage trends, historical costs, cost-benefit analyses and vendor bids for supplies, furniture, fixtures, equipment, services, leasehold space occupied, buildings owned and leasehold/building improvements.
5. Contract, coordinate, direct and report the work of vendors at the Administrative (Corporate) location.
6. Serve as the Credit Union’s Security Officer and act as liaison to security vendors, local law enforcement, and the Credit Union Security Network.
7. Working in conjunction with the Vice President, Human Resources, serve as the Credit Union’s Safety Officer ensuring compliance with government mandated safety programs.
8. In compliance with regulatory guidelines, supervise records retention, ensuring full off-site backup and indexing of all records and timely destruction of documents and records.
9. Supervise the delivery of internal and external mail.
10. Oversee installation and maintenance of ATM’s and act as liaison to host institutions.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The requirements for the Manager of Administration include:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus three years of progressively responsible experience in a broad range of operational facilities areas. NOTE: Six years of professional experience will be considered in lieu of the post secondary education requirement.
2. Strong negotiating skills essential.
3. Experience with service and maintenance contracts.
4. A broad knowledge of all “imaging” systems.
5. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
6. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships essential.
7. A high degree of organization and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
8. Proficiency with personal computer programs (e.g., Database, Word, Excel, etc.) essential.
Phone Branch Representative II, Kearny Mesa
The Phone Branch Representative II will have the following job responsibilities:
1. Promptly answer all incoming calls in a polite, professional manner while adhering to member identity verification procedures and ensuring member information security at all times. Determine caller’s nature of business and personally assist or when necessary, announce the caller and transfer to the appropriate individual or department. Comply with Wheelhouse Credit Union’s Internal Service Standards when communicating information to other branches/departments.
2. Provide a high level of quality member service using the Phone Branch Shopper Survey model as a guideline. Answer each call with a “telephone smile.” Maintain an average Shopper Score of 90% or better at all times. Be professional, courteous, tactful and a good listener.
3. Strive to meet and exceed all Goals and Objectives set by the Phone Branch Manager.
4. Open accounts for existing members via phone and assist with online new account processing for applications submitted via our website. Act as a source of information for new and existing members who are seeking information about new accounts, modifications to existing accounts or membership qualification. Promote and cross-sell additional Credit Union products and services that fit our member’s needs. .
5. Accept consumer loan applications via phone. Provide accurate information regarding loan products rates and payments to inquiring members/potential members. Conduct thorough interviews with members/potential members while completing loan applications via a web based application platform. Cross-sell additional loan products and services that fit member needs. Keep up to date and knowledgeable on rates, lending guidelines, policies, procedures and internal marketing promotions.
6. Assist members with set up and navigation of Home Banking, Bill Payment and our mobile App. Reset/unlock passwords, research and assist with trouble shooting member access issues and other digital banking related requests.
7. Process members’ account inquiries, transfers, loan payments, copy requests, fee reversals and check orders. Research account discrepancies, errors and complaints; follow up to the point of resolution or direct to the applicable department for further assistance.
8. Respond to member secure and unsecure email requests submitted via our website. Adhere to the E-Mail Response guidelines. Process online address changes, bill payment applications and additional service requests as received according to department standards.
9. Maintain full knowledge of Wheelhouse Credit Union’s services and transaction procedures as required; performing service functions accurately and efficiently. Thoroughly read, understand and keep record of all promotional materials, Metro Bullets, SPI’s and any information provided to you in order to represent the Credit Union in a knowledgeable and professional manner. Comply with all BSA and CIP programs along with the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
10. Other duties as may be assigned.
The requirements for the Phone Branch Representative II include:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must possess professional written and verbal communication skills, including excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette including listening skills.
3. Proficiency with on-line data processing system and Microsoft Office Products. General working knowledge of the internet including online banking/mobile banking is required.
4. Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
5. Minimum one year of teller and new accounts experience required with demonstrated member service and sales skills. General knowledge of account functions i.e. (Checks, ACH, Debit/Credit cards etc.) is essential. Call center experience a plus.
6. One year of consumer lending experience required. Credit Union or comparable financial industry experience preferred.
7. Must posses the ability to professionally represent the Credit Union and conduct business via the telephone with clear enunciation in English. Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus.
Risk & Compliance Manager
Under general guidance of the Sr. Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management, the Risk & Compliance Manager is responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining the Credit Union’s enterprise risk management systems and compliance program. Interact with and support Credit Union management in identifying, prioritizing, and establishing tolerances, as well as mitigating, measuring and documenting significant risks to the Credit Union. Communicate California and Federal statutes and regulations to management and remain compliant with the legal functions of common and corporate law.
The responsibilities of the Risk & Compliance Manager include:
1. Manage and ensure the on-going training of assigned staff. Conduct performance reviews, recommend salary adjustments, and counsel staff toward optimum performance
2. Oversee compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control, and other associated regulations.
3. Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of compliance programs that result in mitigating risk. Manage the process of updating Credit Union disclosures, policies, procedures and forms to ensure regulatory compliance. Perform semi-annual website review and other e-commerce related reviews. Consult with Credit Union departments in addressing risk issues, concerns and planning regarding new and/or existing products, procedures, processes and operations.
4. Coordinate risk assessments with various business units. Document the risks, identify appropriate metrics and documents current and planned mitigation.
5. Oversee the compliance review for consumer loans and new member accounts.
6. Monitor and address fraudulent activity involving the Credit Union. Oversee staff on check, debit and ATM cards, consumer loan, and real estate loan fraud prevention programs, fraud claim processing, case filings, insurance claims, and restitutions.
7. Work with the Internal Auditor on State and Federal exams and internal audits. Work closely with legal consultants, the Internal Auditor, and examiners in the development of appropriate controls to avoid issues.
8. Represent the Credit Union and participate in professional networks to stay current with compliance, operational, risk, fraud, regulatory updates and security issues. Report necessary updates to management.
9. Effectively oversee compliance management systems and understand the requirements of each law and regulation to ensure the Credit Union is in compliance.
10. Review contracts, agreements, marketing & disclosures to ensure compliance with regulation.
11. Collaborate with management to maintain an ongoing legal risk education through learning programs, seminars and presentations, and the Credit Union’s risk tolerance guidelines.
12. Serve as subject matter expert to line of business and provide risk expertise to business operations, projects, and or other initiatives.
13. In collaboration with Learning and Development, oversee the development of staff training related to fraud, loss prevention and regulatory compliance.
14. Develop and maintains fraud control and monitoring procedures for debit and ATM cards in accordance with industry and insurance requirements.
15. Interface with service providers and monitor vendor relationships.
16. Assist with development of Credit Union forms.
17. Other duties as may be assigned.
The requirements for the Risk & Compliance Manager include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business and two years of compliance experience is required. In lieu of the post-secondary education, a minimum of five years of compliance experience will be considered.
2. Knowledge of legal terminology, research methods and techniques, and state agency procedures required. Financial institution or credit union preferred.
3. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret laws and regulations to provide workable recommendations and solutions.
4. Strong supervision, project management, and organizational skills.
5. Profession written and verbal communication skills.
6. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
7. Industry compliance certification (CUCE, BSACS) with two year required renewal.
8. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
9. Proficiency with compliance systems such as Verafin - Anti-Money Laundering software and Policy Works.
The Helpdesk Technician will provide first-level remote support to resolve end-user issues and assist in supporting and maintaining in-house technology systems and equipment. Perform, monitor, and report on day-to-day data center host operations. Perform the installation and modifications of support hardware and software installs, as needed. Work with outside technical resources and vendors for installations and problem resolution.
The requirements for the Helpdesk Technician position include:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Understanding of PC hardware and operating systems software.
3. Understanding of application software and methods to adapt software to users’ needs (including but not limited to Microsoft and other desktop applications).
4. Microsoft Certified Professional, A+ certification, or demonstrable skills in Operation/PC support.
5. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
6. May be required to work evenings or weekends.
7. The ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds in weight.