At Wheelhouse Credit Union we exhibit the credit union philosophy of People Helping People by providing our members with products and services that help them achieve their financial goals. If you are looking for a career where you can learn, grow, and have fun while helping others, we may have a position for you!
Join Our Team!
Wheelhouse Credit Union is committed to a culture of diversity that reflects the communities in which we live and do business. We strive to encourage professionalism and creativity, and reward our employees with a fair and attractive compensation and benefits package.
Wheelhouse Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The online employment application is experiencing techical difficulties. You can e-mail your resume or submit a request for a paper application to email@example.com.
Manager of Administration, Kearny Mesa
Under limited supervision of the VP/CFO, the Manager of Administration will plan, schedule, monitor, report and supervise the work of the Administrative Services staff. Contract, coordinate, direct and report the work of vendors as it relates to facilities; purchasing, maintenance and service contracts for supplies, furniture, fixtures, equipment, leasehold space occupied and buildings owned.
The Manager of Administration will have the following job responsibilities:
1. Manage and ensure on-going training of the Administrative Services staff. Conduct performance reviews, recommend salary adjustments, update job descriptions, counsel staff toward optimum performance and recommend staff additions.
2. Ensure the maintenance of all furniture, fixtures, equipment, leasehold space occupied and buildings owned by negotiating and establishing service and maintenance contracts and overseeing the fulfillment of those contracts.
3. Negotiate with vendors to obtain best pricing for supplies, furniture, fixtures, equipment, services, leasehold space and leasehold/building improvements.
4. Create and distribute management reports on usage trends, historical costs, cost-benefit analyses and vendor bids for supplies, furniture, fixtures, equipment, services, leasehold space occupied, buildings owned and leasehold/building improvements.
5. Contract, coordinate, direct and report the work of vendors at the Administrative (Corporate) location.
6. Serve as the Credit Union’s Security Officer and act as liaison to security vendors, local law enforcement, and the Credit Union Security Network.
7. Working in conjunction with the Vice President, Human Resources, serve as the Credit Union’s Safety Officer ensuring compliance with government mandated safety programs.
8. In compliance with regulatory guidelines, supervise records retention, ensuring full off-site backup and indexing of all records and timely destruction of documents and records.
9. Supervise the delivery of internal and external mail.
10. Oversee installation and maintenance of ATM’s and act as liaison to host institutions.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The requirements for the Manager of Administration include:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus three years of progressively responsible experience in a broad range of operational facilities areas. NOTE: Six years of professional experience will be considered in lieu of the post secondary education requirement.
2. Strong negotiating skills essential.
3. Experience with service and maintenance contracts.
4. A broad knowledge of all “imaging” systems.
5. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
6. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships essential.
7. A high degree of organization and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
8. Proficiency with personal computer programs (e.g., Database, Word, Excel, etc.) essential.
Phone Branch Representative II, Kearny Mesa
The Phone Branch Representative II will have the following job responsibilities:
1. Promptly answer all incoming calls in a polite, professional manner while adhering to member identity verification procedures and ensuring member information security at all times. Determine caller’s nature of business and personally assist or when necessary, announce the caller and transfer to the appropriate individual or department. Comply with Wheelhouse Credit Union’s Internal Service Standards when communicating information to other branches/departments.
2. Provide a high level of quality member service using the Phone Branch Shopper Survey model as a guideline. Answer each call with a “telephone smile.” Maintain an average Shopper Score of 90% or better at all times. Be professional, courteous, tactful and a good listener.
3. Strive to meet and exceed all Goals and Objectives set by the Phone Branch Manager.
4. Open accounts for existing members via phone and assist with online new account processing for applications submitted via our website. Act as a source of information for new and existing members who are seeking information about new accounts, modifications to existing accounts or membership qualification. Promote and cross-sell additional Credit Union products and services that fit our member’s needs. .
5. Accept consumer loan applications via phone. Provide accurate information regarding loan products rates and payments to inquiring members/potential members. Conduct thorough interviews with members/potential members while completing loan applications via a web based application platform. Cross-sell additional loan products and services that fit member needs. Keep up to date and knowledgeable on rates, lending guidelines, policies, procedures and internal marketing promotions.
6. Assist members with set up and navigation of Home Banking, Bill Payment and our mobile App. Reset/unlock passwords, research and assist with trouble shooting member access issues and other digital banking related requests.
7. Process members’ account inquiries, transfers, loan payments, copy requests, fee reversals and check orders. Research account discrepancies, errors and complaints; follow up to the point of resolution or direct to the applicable department for further assistance.
8. Respond to member secure and unsecure email requests submitted via our website. Adhere to the E-Mail Response guidelines. Process online address changes, bill payment applications and additional service requests as received according to department standards.
9. Maintain full knowledge of Wheelhouse Credit Union’s services and transaction procedures as required; performing service functions accurately and efficiently. Thoroughly read, understand and keep record of all promotional materials, Metro Bullets, SPI’s and any information provided to you in order to represent the Credit Union in a knowledgeable and professional manner. Comply with all BSA and CIP programs along with the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
10. Other duties as may be assigned.
The requirements for the Phone Branch Representative II include:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must possess professional written and verbal communication skills, including excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette including listening skills.
3. Proficiency with on-line data processing system and Microsoft Office Products. General working knowledge of the internet including online banking/mobile banking is required.
4. Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
5. Minimum one year of teller and new accounts experience required with demonstrated member service and sales skills. General knowledge of account functions i.e. (Checks, ACH, Debit/Credit cards etc.) is essential. Call center experience a plus.
6. One year of consumer lending experience required. Credit Union or comparable financial industry experience preferred.
7. Must posses the ability to professionally represent the Credit Union and conduct business via the telephone with clear enunciation in English. Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus.
Accounting Supervisor, Kearny Mesa
The Accounting Supervisor will have the following job duties:
1. Oversee the daily operations of the department. Assign and monitor tasks of staff members, provide training, set schedules, ensure policies and procedures are followed and deadlines are met. Report progress towards goal achievement to management.
2. Make suggestions to improve operations and procedures. Implement changes in operations, policies and procedures as directed. Understand the duties and functions of direct reports.
3. Prepare and present performance evaluations in a timely manner as well as assist in interviewing and hiring of employees. Approve time records and time off requests, motivate, coach and mentor staff. Resolve employee conflicts, identify problems and give input to management on problem resolution.
4. Assist in the development of financial, statistical and accounting records of the Credit Union. Prepare all financial and statistical reports for the monthly Board of Directors. Ensures accounting functions are completed in accordance with established Credit Union procedures and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and all other state and federal regulations.
5. Oversee Automated Clearing House (ACH) and ensure process complies with National Automatic Clearing House Association (NACHA) and all other appropriate regulatory agencies.
6. Oversee employee payroll to ensure process complies with all associated regulations as well as ensuring the Credit Union adheres to state wage and hour laws.
7. Review the Credit Union’s liquidity position to ensure adequate funds are available for day-to-day operations.
8. Assist in preparing, recommending, reporting and analyzing the Credit Union’s annual budget as well as report actual to budget performance.
9. Assigned as subject matter expert as projects arise and assist in their implementation.
10. Prepare in-depth studies and cost analysis on various aspects of the Credit Union.
11. Assist with the preparation of supporting documents for internal and external audits.
12. Maintain effective communication and coordination with Credit Union personnel and with management.
13. Stay abreast of developments in the accounting field and of changing governmental and legal requirements.
14. Other duties as assigned.
The requirements for the Accounting Supervisor position include:
1. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or related field and three years of general accounting experience in the financial services industry. In lieu of post-secondary education requirement, five years of general accounting experience will be considered.
2. Minimum of three years’ supervisory experience in the financial services industry.
3. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
4. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
5. A high degree of organization and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
6. Proficiency with Accounting software such as Great Plains and other personal computer programs, including, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Loan Representative II, Kearny Mesa
1. Prepare loan applications from all delivery channels for underwriting (direct, indirect, call center, in person and telephone requests).
2. Process the documents received for each loan file verifying the accuracy and completeness of each document. Update the data on the computer system upon receipt of documents.
3. Open new membership accounts, promote and cross-sell Credit Union products and services, and respond to member inquiries.
4. Accept application request for real estate loans and prepare packages of required documents for submission to our mortgage processor.
5. Effectively communicate with the member and contractor/dealers in the capacity of a member advocate.
6. Responsible for contacting members and maintaining communication throughout the loan process (i.e., loan decision, updates, required documents, etc.) Prepare the necessary notifications to be sent to the member (i.e., adverse action letter, pre-approval notice, etc.)
7. Fund loan packages within required time requirements and in accordance with loan instructions and stipulations.
8. Keep and ensure compliance with Truth in Lending (RegZ), RESPA, ECOA (RegB), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and other Federal and State lending laws and regulations.
9. Act as a liaison between the member and the Credit Union’s mortgage processing center.
10. Process loan modifications and subordinations.
11. Assist with processing drop box transactions.
12. Maintain and balance operator drawer daily.
13. Assist loan servicing as needed.
14. Register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) and State of California Department of Insurance. Will be required to undergo a background check. Registration with the NMLS to be maintained on an annual basis.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements for the Loan Representative II position include:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three years of lending experience (retail branch experience a plus).
3. Strong knowledge of Federal and State of California regulations as they pertain to the Lending Department’s functions.
4. Professional written and verbal communication skills including telephone etiquette.
5. May be required to work after normal business hours and weekends.
6. Attention to detail is essential.
7. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
8. Proficiency with operating general office equipment (including copier, fax machine, scanner), as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.)
9. Strong working knowledge of computers and ability to learn new systems.
Teller II (Part-Time), Downtown
The Teller II will have the following job duties:
1. Maintain and balance a cash drawer daily.
2. Accept deposits, share withdrawals, transfers, loan payment, payoffs, VISA cash advances, and process and post mail daily.
3. Process stop payments.
4. Provide members with information pertaining to account status, including current balances and loan pay-off amount.
5. Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
6. Provide general information regarding Credit Union services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of accounts available, interest rates, office hours, and branch locations.
7. Promote and cross-sell Credit Union products and services.
8. Issue and encode ATM cards.
9. Sell Traveler’s Cheques and maintain individual inventory log.
10. Prepare payroll deduction forms and net check/ACH requests.
11. Ensure compliance with all processes pertaining to BSA and CIP programs.
12. Meet established referral goals based on hours worked.
13. Other duties as may be assigned.
The requirements for the Teller II position include:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of one year of teller experience.
3. Professional written and verbal communication skills including excellent grammar and telephone etiquette.
4. Ability to handle people and/or situations with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, 10 key adding machine, on-line computer system, and typewriter (minimum typing speed of 40 w.p.m.).
6. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
7. Minimum of six months of sales/referral experience
Vice President/Chief Financial Officer, Kearny Mesa
The VP/Chief Financial Officer will direct the financial affairs of the Credit Union. Management oversight and supervision of the work of the Accounting/Finance, and Administrative Services Departments. Maintain accounting systems, practices, controls, and procedures to conform to accepted accounting/financial principles in accordance with federal and state laws.
The duties for the VP/Chief Financial Officer position include:
1. Hire, manage and ensure on-going training of the staff of the Accounting and Administrative Services Departments. Conduct performance reviews, recommend salary adjustments, and counsel staff toward optimum performance.
2. Serve as a member of the Credit Union’s Asset Liability Committee (ALCO).
3. Extensive involvement in developing the organization’s strategic and business plans. Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the Credit Union’s plans and operating budget. Provide insight and recommendations that align with the Credit Union’s plans for short-term and long-term growth.
4. Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the Credit Union’s plan for growth and expansion.
5. Responsible for the oversight of net worth and analysis of forecasts.
6. Perform financial analysis of the Credit Union’s operations to ascertain financial performance, liquidity position, cash flow, budget performance, cost control and similar financial activities.
7. Responsible for the Credit Union’s annual budget. Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
8. Regularly analyze policies and procedures, recommend necessary changes to the President/CEO, and develop new policies and procedures that result in a more efficient operation.
9. Act as the Credit Union’s chief liaison with investment houses, or other financial institutions, and appropriate government agencies concerning investments and securities. Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
10. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
11. Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, and annual financial statements.
12. Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of all financial and statistical reports for the monthly Board of Directors agenda.
13. Responsible for compliance with laws and regulations applicable to incumbent’s area of management and supervision.
14. Coordinate audit activities with the Internal Auditor, examiners, external auditors, and Supervisory Committee.
15. Other duties as may be assigned.
The requirements for the VP/Chief Financial Officer position include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) a plus. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
2. Minimum five years of CFO experience in the financial services industry.
3. Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
4. Significant experience working with budgets, forecasting, analysis, asset/liability management, and investments in the financial services industry.
5. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
6. Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence. Ability to motivate staff.
7. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
8. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
9. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and database programs.
For the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer position, please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President of Marketing, Kearny Mesa
The Vice President of Marketing will have the following job duties:
1. Manage, direct and monitor the Marketing Department to ensure the Credit Union meets established goals and objectives. Monitor product and service delivery and quality and take action to resolve problems.
2. Manage and ensure on-going training of assigned staff. Conduct performance reviews, recommend salary adjustments, and counsel staff toward optimum performance, including ensuring exceptional levels of service is provided to external members and internal customers.
3. Direct marketing and sales planning, including an analysis of competitive products/services and selling techniques, legislation, budgets, pricing and distribution
4. Direct all advertising and sales promotions. Develop advertising programs and collateral materials.
5. Develop and manage objectives, policies, procedures and programs for marketing activities, including Business Development and e-Commerce; plan, direct and coordinate the efforts of marketing and sales toward the accomplishment of overall strategic goals.
6. Recommend and collaborate in the development and pricing of new deposit and ancillary products and services and make recommendations for the enhancement of same.
7. Develop, propose, gain acceptance for, and implement strategic plans designed to meet the Credit Union's short and long-term marketing objectives
8. Ensure fiscal oversight over all sales and marketing budgets and establish ongoing measurement systems that monitor results against predetermined organizational ROI metrics. Conduct market research and recommend product/service modifications or improvements.
9. Collaborate with the Leadership Team on the creation, development, and launching of new products and services.
10. Develop annual budget and monitor performance to budget throughout the year. Establish annual sales goals and initiate action to achieve established goals.
11. Serve as a member of the Asset/Liability Management Committee to develop operating procedures that ensure the Credit Union maintains sufficient levels of capital, liquidity, and pricing spreads, as well as manage interest rate risk.
12. Ensure sound services and working relationships with members, governmental agencies, staff, volunteer leadership, and vendors.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements for the Vice President of Marketing position include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field plus five years of direct marketing and management experience. In lieu of post-secondary education requirement, seven years of management and direct marketing experience will be considered.
2. Familiarity with the operational aspects of electronic and personal retail financial services.
3. Demonstrated supervisory ability.
4. Knowledge of federal and state credit union and/or banking laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to consumer and real estate lending, deposit products, and marketing.
5. Strong demonstrated business acumen, including senior-level experience with strategic business planning, strategic marketing planning, brand management, project management, sales forecasting, budgeting and ALM.
6. Experience in market research and targeted marketing. Ability to analyze results and trends and make adjustments.
7. Proven strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
8. Proven record of accomplishment for innovation and incremental revenue generation.
9. Demonstrated success in the development of advertising campaigns applied in print, web, and social media mediums.
10. Professional written, verbal and presentations skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management personnel, volunteer leadership and business contacts.
11. Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
12. A high degree of organization and the ability to schedule concurrent projects.
13. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
For the Vice President of Markting position, please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com