At Wheelhouse Credit Union we demonstrate our philosophy of People Helping People by providing our members with products and services that help them achieve their financial goals. If you’re looking for a career where you can learn, grow, and have fun while helping others, we may have a position for you!
Enjoy the Benefits of Working for Wheelhouse Credit Union
Wheelhouse Credit Union employees are our most important asset! We have designed a generous benefits package that allows flexibility, options, and opportunity.
Regular full or part-time employees working at least 30 hours per week are offered medical, dental, and vision insurance. The Credit Union contributes to the employee’s coverage and coverage for qualified dependents and/or registered domestic partners is available for purchase. Wheelhouse Credit Union also offers a Flexible Spending Account for Healthcare Reimbursement and/or Dependent Day Care.
The 401(k) retirement plan is funded by a combination of Credit Union and employee contributions. After the completion of 90 days of continuous service, employees are eligible to become a member in the 401(k) plan and the Credit Union will begin making discretionary contributions equal to 3% of the employee’s salary.
Paid Time Off
Wheelhouse Credit Union observes 10 paid holidays for all regular full and part time employees. The Credit Union has established a Paid Time Off (PTO) plan that combines vacation and sick leave time into a single PTO bank. The intent of this plan is to allow employees to plan the use of personal time off in a manner that more closely meets their individual needs.
Available to all full and part time employees after 6 months of continuous service.
Regular full and part time employees that have completed 90 days of service are paid regular wages for time spent volunteering with an approved San Diego organization.
Healthy living education and encouragement for staff, including complimentary flu shots and cholesterol screenings.
Discounted Credit Union services
Free checking and savings accounts, and a 1% rate reduction on selected loan products.
All regular employees working at least 30 hours per week are provided with company-paid Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance.
Friendly Work Culture
Enjoy a supportive and positive work environment, with a focus on professionalism and creativity.
Committed to Diversity
We’re committed to a culture of diversity that reflects the communities in which we live and do business.
Available Positions at Wheelhouse Credit Union
The Operations Supervisor will have the following job responsibilities:
- Maintain and balance a cash drawer daily.
- Process all teller transactions including: deposits, share withdrawals, transfer, loan payment, payoffs, VISA cash advances, and process and post mail daily.
- Provide approvals and overrides to member facing staff within limits.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly audits as outlined.
- Respond and resolve members’ requests, problems, and complaints.
- Provide information regarding Credit Union services and policies.
- Promote and cross-sell Credit Union products and services.
- Support staff as a back up to the new accounts processes services, and maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with all rules, regulations and processes pertaining to BSA and CIP programs.
- Development and coaching of staff. Make recommendations to branch manager related to action items needed.
- Oversee all functions of the branch in the absence of the branch manager.
- Participate in branch meetings. Make suggestions for individual and branch improvement.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
The requirements for the Operations Supervisor position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of financial industry experience.
- Minimum of one-year of new accounts and supervisory experience.
- Staff development experience, i.e. coaching, training, tracking and monitoring.
- Knowledge of consumer lending practices and processes preferred.
- Experience with interviewing, counseling, writing reviews, recommendations for promotion and/or termination.
- Proficiency with 10 key adding machine, on-line computer system, and typerwriter (minimum typing speed of 40 w.p.m).
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission and vision of the Credit Union. Strictly adhere to the Credit Union’s policy of confidentiality, security, and professional conduct and dress.