About Mobile Deposit – Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is mobile deposit?Mobile deposit is a secure and convenient method to deposit paper checks into your account using our mobile app.
2.Is it secure?Yes. To use this feature, you must have a digital banking login credentials. First time users must have multi-factor authentication set up in online banking or have the ability to receive a voice message containing the passcode to the phone number on our system.
3.What do I need?
- Mobile device with camera
- Mobile app from the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Online banking login credentials
- Mobile data plan/Wi-Fi access
- Device operating system must be either iOS9 newer or Android 4.3 or newer.
4. How do I use the feature?
- Install the mobile app on your device
- Log into the mobile app with your online banking credentials
- Tap ‘Check Deposit’ in the app tray on iOS or menu icon in Android (first time users must accept the Mobile Deposit disclosure)
- Select the ‘To’ account, and enter the correct amount from the check.
- To take a picture of the check, tap the camera icon.
- Make sure all edges show and the amount, date, and payee are clear on the device screen.
- Tap ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN to capture the image.
- Tap ‘Keep picture’ if the entire image of the check is visible.
- Take a picture of the back of the check. Make sure the check is properly endorsed (endorsement requirements are below).
- Tap ‘Keep picture’ button.
- Tap ‘Deposit’ when completed.
5. Do you need a checking account to use mobile deposit?You must be a member in good standing with an eligible Checking account or Savings account.
6. How should I endorse the check?
- The check must have the following endorsement (incorrect or improper endorsement may result in a rejection of the transaction):
- Write ‘For Mobile Deposit at Wheelhouse Credit Union’
7. What should I do with my check after making a mobile deposit?
- Retain the original check for ninety (90) days.
- You will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the status of the check deposit. If the deposit was approved, in most cases it would be safe to destroy or shred the check. However, if your deposit was rejected and the check was destroyed, you may need to obtain a replacement check from the issuer in order to negotiate the check in person at a branch location.
8. Are there any fees for using mobile deposit?There is no charge for using the feature. Fees for returned deposit items apply, please refer to the Fee Schedule.
9. When is my deposit available for use?Checks deposited using the mobile app are subject to verification. The first $200 of deposits received in a business day the Credit Union is open or on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays will be immediately available, amounts in excess of $200 will be available on the second business day after we receive your deposit. Deposits made after 3 p.m. Pacific Time are considered made on the next business day. We will notify you by mail if we further delay the availability of your deposit.
10. Who is eligible to use the service?Mobile deposit is available to members in good standing with an eligible checking or savings account and access to the mobile app. Those that are ineligible will see the message “Please contact us about eligibility for this service.” when tapping on the Check Deposit menu item.
11. Why does it say I can’t use the feature?If you received this message ‘Please contact us about eligibility for this service’ after tapping on the Check Deposit menu item or receive an Application Error when processing a deposit, this may mean you did not meet the minimum requirement for this service. Call us at 619-297-4835 during regular business hours for further details.
12. I use to have this feature and now I don’t. What happened?Your eligibility may have changed. Please contact us for details.
13. What types of checks can I deposit? All checks can be deposited except checks with the following:
- Items that do not contain the restrictive endorsement outlined above in Question 6.
- Items displaying a “non-negotiable” or “void” notation or watermark.
- Items containing an alteration on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Items dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Items previously converted to a substitute check or items that are remotely created checks as defined by Federal Reserve Board Regulation CC.
- Items issued by or through a financial institution in a foreign country.
- Items not payable in United States currency.
- Items with incomplete or illegible information.
- Items that are money orders, traveler’s checks or savings bonds.
- Items that are in violation of any federal or state law, rule, or regulation.
- Checks or items prohibited by the Credit Union’s current procedures relating to the Mobile Deposit service or are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your account.
- Items with any endorsement on the back other than what is specified.